Is to win souls for the glory of God by teaching and preaching His word through Bible Study, Evangelism, and mission work.
We will accomplish our mission by using the resources of the ministries, auxiliaries of the church; reaching out beyond our walls to the community and mankind.
In all that we do, we will be led by the Holy Spirit.
Is to be the church of God for the community. If you need rest, this house is open.
The Full Gospel Baptist Church, previously known as Full Gospel Tabernacle, began in Cooksville, Howard County, Maryland in 1938. Reverends William and Lydia Adams came to the area to hold camp meeting services on August 14, 1938, on an acre of land rented from Mr. George Wills.
In 1944, membership had increased and a decision was made to erect a Church building. The acre of land was purchased from Mr. Luther Everett of Baltimore, Maryland. The congregation continued to worship in a tent during the summer months and in the basement of John and Agnes Holland's home in the winter. A groundbreaking ceremony was held on August 2, 1944, and with the help of God, Brother Walter Smith and Brother John Wesley Holland, his sons and a hired brick layer built the Church. On Sunday, June 30, 1946, the building was dedicated and regular services were started.
Following the death of the founders, Rev. John Wesley Holland became the third Pastor and served faithfully until God called him home on November 25, 1987. Following Pastor Holland's death the late Rev. Benjamin Fields, Associate Minister at First Baptist Church of Guildford, served as interim Pastor. In September 1990, Rev. James H. Stovall, Sr., was called to serve as Pastor and served for 20 years until his retirement. He now serves as Pastor Emeritus. In May 2011, Reverend Charles Y. Davis, Jr. accepted the position of Pastor-Elect, and in November 2011, was installed as Full Gospel's fifth Pastor.
Through the years, each of the Pastors and Interim Pastors have brought profitable experiences and played prominent roles in the continued growth and progress of the Church.
Today the brick front Church sits on the side of the road as a monument of spiritual service to all who follow the teaching and preaching of "A CARING AND SHARING CHURCH".
The Full Gospel Baptist Church, Inc. now celebrates their existence of being in service for more than 68 years.